Home Entertainment Philippines Entertainment Regine Velasquez-Alcasid laments over the lack of care for the Filipino people as the number of COVID-19 fatalities in a single day remains high
Regine Velasquez-Alcasid laments over the lack of care for the Filipino people as the number of COVID-19 fatalities in a single day remains high

Regine Velasquez-Alcasid laments over the lack of care for the Filipino people as the number of COVID-19 fatalities in a single day remains high

0
   

Regine Velasquez-Alcasid laments over the lack of care for the Filipino people as the number of COVID-19 fatalities in a single day remains high

Asia’s Songbird Regine Velasquez-Alcasid is among the many celebrities who have recently expressed their displeasure over the country’s current situation in light of the spiking COVID-19 cases and fatalities.

In a tweet, Regine lamented the lack of care for everyone, citing that many people are suffering death every day due to COVID-19.

Although the music icon did not mention anyone in particular, her post seemed to direct at the Government’s response to the coronavirus pandemic amid the record-high cases and deaths reported in recent weeks.

“Bakit parang pinabayaan na lang tayo?

“Kanya kanya, matira matibay gano’n na lang ba talaga?” she wrote on Twitter on Friday, April 9.

“People are dying, people we know. Relatives and friends! Every single day may nalalagas sa atin. What’s happening?” she continued with crying and broken heart emojis.

The Philippines, on Friday, April 9, reported 401 COVID-19 deaths, the highest single-day spike in fatalities since the onset of the pandemic. It surpassed the 382 death toll tallied on April 6.

According to the Department of Health, the previously tagged as 213 recoveries, sadly after its final validation, are re-classified as deaths.

The health department also recorded 12,225 confirmed cases on Friday, just a week ago after the country’s COVID-19 single-day caseload was at its highest with 15,310 infections.

As the COVID-19 pandemic continues in the Philippines, with over 800,000 recorded cases and over 15,000 fatalities, President Rodrigo Duterte has not made any public appearance for nearly two weeks.

Last week, the President was supposed to deliver his regular public address on Monday, but the Palace announced that it would take place the following Wednesday.

Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque, however, on Wednesday, April 7, told the public that the President would skip his public address on the pandemic that evening and instead deliver it the following week.

Duterte’s last public address was on March 29, the same day when he was also last seen in public welcoming the arrival of a million doses of vaccines from China’s Sinovac. 

He then took a break for the Holy Week.

After some members of the Presidential Security Group (PSG) tested positive for the coronavirus–it made the

Postponement of the public address due to concerns about the President.

Senator Bong Go, Duterte’s closest and longest aide, said Roque, on his end, said that the abrupt change in schedule was caused by the ‘rising number of active cases’ and for the safety of the Malacañang staff, but he made no mention of the PSG.

Duterte’s drawn-out absence from the public eye fueled speculation about his health, with some speculating that it is declining. The President, however, ‘remains fit and healthy for his age’ according to Roque on Thursday, April 8.

Duterte, the Philippines’ oldest president upon assumption of office, has previously stated that he suffered from Barret’s esophagus, an inflammation of the tube connecting the mouth to the stomach. He also stated on several instances that he suffered from back pains, migraines, and Buerger’s disease, which is due to blood vessel blockages caused by smoking in his youth. 

The hashtag #NasaanAngPangulo even trended on social media on Wednesday as Filipino Netizens questioned his whereabouts at the height of the record-high single-day tally of COVID-19 cases in the country.

On Sunday, after midnight, Go released undated photos and videos showing the President walking as if returning from a slow jaunt or jog, playing golf, and riding a three-wheeled motorcycle inside the Malacañang grounds, purportedly to quell rumors about his health.

Nandito lang si Tatay Digong!!! Ang taong totoong Nagmamahal at NagMamalasakit sa ating mga kapwa Pilipino!! Di Plastic….

Posted by Christopher Bong Go on Saturday, April 10, 2021

The President reappeared to the public eye on Monday, April 12. He addressed reports that he was missing in action due to ill health after a nearly two-week absence

He denied having any health issues that could prevent him from running the nation. He spoke to the camera from the Malacañang Golf Clubhouse.

His absence from the public eye also coincided with Greater Manila’s return to the strictest quarantine level and reports of Chinese ships chasing a Filipino boat out of Philippine waters.

Meanwhile, 204 new fatalities due to COVID-19 have been reported, bringing the country’s total death toll to 15,149 as of Monday, April 12.

The DOH likewise said, “34 cases that were previously tagged as recoveries were reclassified as deaths after final validation.”

The health department also reported 11,378 new COVID-19 infections, bringing the country’s total caseload to 876,225, of which 18% or 175,451 are active cases.

Recently, Regine had a firsthand experience of being exposed to a COVID-19 infection.

The 50-year-old singer had to postpone and reschedule her digital concert in February after unintentionally interacting with someone who might test positive for the disease.

She then underwent self-quarantine, and fortunately, she did not test positive for COVID-19 during that period.

The Asia’s Songbird provided intimate yet explosive live performances at her rescheduled digital concert Freedom, which streamed worldwide on February 28.

The post Regine Velasquez-Alcasid laments over the lack of care for the Filipino people as the number of COVID-19 fatalities in a single day remains high appeared first on LionhearTV.