What a WILD ride.
AND after about 12-ish years, here we are.
Many of you have become my friends, people I talk to regularly. Many of you have shared your stories. Some of you have come on the blog to share. Some of you have made friends from the TSC Facebook group. And all of you have embraced The Skinny Confidential in the most positive ways.
So today is a big day.
It’s official: The Skinny Confidential has launched its own product line ( !!!! ).
This is something my team & I have worked on 7 days a week, day & night. 329147+ Zoom calls and meetings, sacrificed many Friday nights, millions of conversations, and so many times I had to say “NO” to say “YES” to product…and here we are LOL.
It’s truly CRAZY how much goes into a proper launch- from the decks, website design & implementation, brand story, manufacturing, design, distribution strategy, launch plan, building a team, graphics, social media layouts, legalities, paperwork, Quickbooks, COVID roadblocks to marketing to ingredient lists to packaging to ZOOM calls…TO THE ACTUAL PRODUCT. A shitload of back & forth. A lot of “NO’S.” And a lot of people who didn’t get the vision…I had no idea all of the THINGS that came along with launching my fantasy products.
I mean, creating a vision out of nothing- what could go wrong? ( A LOT ).
BUT, that’s ok because it was worth it.
Anyway THIS is something that YOU ( yes, YOU ) have helped us build. I have asked your opinions every step of the way & through direct messages, e-mails, IG stories Q & A, Facebook groups, Snapchat messages, etc. I have been able to actively involve the community in really cool ways.
Community is everything to me. Without it, this platform would just be another platform- you’re the pulse. The community is what makes The Skinny Confidential. And to have a product line that’s very much community-driven was SO IMPORTANT.
Every little detail of this product line is with you in mind. I want you to love every single facet- from the feel, to the look, to the marketing, to the packaging, to the messaging, to the branding. You should know every single tiny fucking detail I was involved in. Of course I also have an incredible team of people helping to execute my vision, which I am forever grateful to. The team HAS CRUSHED IT.
The backstory here is straight & to the point. It’s one that you watched me endure: JAW SURGERY. A journey that at the time was so brutal that I could barely see the light. BUT !!! That experience helped me bring this product to market. Basically I had horrific jaw surgery 5 years ago. I went into the surgery naively, completely unaware of the aftermath. Anyway I woke up from surgery so fucking swollen WITH a full blown identity crisis because my face was triple the size…And you guys, the swelling did not go down for…years. I was stuck with a veryyyyyyy swollen, fluid-filled face.
I tried everything- from facial acupuncture to hot/cold jaw ice packs to creams to sleeping with my head up to diuretics to jumping on a trampoline to Advil.
Well except one thing…FACIAL MANIPULATION WITH ICE.
So years ago before anyone was all about using an ice roller, I went on Amazon & searched “ice tool.”
Up pops this shitty tool that looks cheap for like $8.99. I order it. I try it. It works. And works WELL.
There’s all these things I wanted to change about it. Things like it didn’t hold freezing cold for more than 2 minutes, it squeaked ( horrible in the mornings when you’re trying to lower your cortisol LOL ), broke after a few uses, &…it was so ugly. It looked ugly on my vanity too. It was a tool you’d hide, not pretty at all.
Since I started The Skinny Confidential I envisioned what product would like to me. To you. And that’s when I had this moment. I was like “OMG I need to create a line of beauty tools that this incredible community actually wants to put on their Instagram feed.”
( Little did I fucking know it would take 3 years & soooooo much back and forth & soooo many road blocks. The development was truly CRAZY because I wanted every fucking detail to be perfect…but that’s a story for another day ).
Together we created this cheeky, sturdy, cute tool that HOLDS COLD FOR SOOOOO LONG YOU’RE GOING TO FREAK. SHE’S THE CUTEST. So smooth & not flimsy. Looks insane on the vanity. The rose pink roller GETS SO COLD.
Facial manipulation x ice, man. It’s the cocktail that keeps on giving. So many benefits which we will get into but to name a few: lymphatic drainage, reduced inflammation, & totally gets rid of rosé wine face. I have used mine ever since it was created every.single.day. It’s been so hard not to share because it’s truly part of my AM/PM routine. Even my best friend, Westin, my husband, AND MY DAD are obsessed. Seriously I have caught them ice rolling their faces & loving it.
…SOOO, let’s talk details- with THE HOT MESS ICE ROLLER you can expect:
GET THE SKINNY:
- A preventative beauty tool that uses the medley of cold therapy to contour, tighten, & de-puff the fuck out of your skin.
WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ICE ROLLERS?
- Unlike other ice rollers, this is made with solid aluminum, which keeps it ICY COLD FOR YOU. Other ice rollers lose the cold quickly.
- The cheeky handle is made with silicone, for a more comfortable feel- also feels sturdy.
- The tool is iconic pink & embossed with The Skinny Confidential logo to ensure it looks chic whether it’s on your vanity or on your hand for an Instagram Story selfie.
- I wanted a fingerprint grip for you so it didn’t slip like other cheap ice rollers. The fingerprint grip makes all the difference.
- WHERE DO I EVEN START. First off, it instantly reduces puffiness & redness ( think how an ice-pack can reduce swelling & bruising! YES PLZ).
- Boosts circulation, because lucky us it brings blood to the skin surface which totally restores radiance & encourages optimum cell function.
- Helps shrink the size of pores, for smoother-looking skin- so like use it before you apply makeup, mkay?
- Helps with lymphatic drainage through the combination of a facial massage and ice therapy- SO BYE-BYE WINE FACE.
HOW TO USE:
( NOTE: when you remove the ice roller from the freezer, roll it on your wrist like 8 times to make sure it’s not too cold for your face. Also never wet the ice roller before putting it in the freezer- you do not want a dry ice situation so, NO water needed. To clean it, just use lukewarm water on a wash cloth. You can always use the roller in regular temperature too- you will still get the lymphatic benefits if it’s not cold which is FUN ).
Anytime, anywhere- morning or night. If you want it freezing cold like me, add to the freezer. If you want it sort of cold, add to the fridge.
MORNING: I LOVE using mine as soon I wake up because I feel like it gives my face a shot of espresso. I kid, I kid but really it’s a nice wake up. Another hot tip: is to ice roll before you apply make-up. It will tighten your skin before applying your sunscreen, foundation, CC cream, etc.
NIGHT: use at the end of your nighttime skincare routine, to help lock your serums and moisturizers’ ingredients into your pores. OH & use with your ICE QUEEN FACE OIL…because the oil has cooling properties. We created it to be used together. A ying & yang if you will. Which brings us to…
THE ICE QUEEN FACE OIL:
GET THE SKINNY:
- A high-quality, cooling facial oil PACKED with antioxidants that penetrates quickly & effectively to help hydrate, firm, & of course, reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles. It leaves your skin supple, dewy, & glassy- OH HEY.
My “why” here is oils have always been a main theme on the platform. I have used them since I was 16 years old. I order olive oil at hotels from room service to remove my makeup. During pregnancy I doused myself in oils to avoid stretch marks ( it worked ). Last year I even launched an oil with Elemis because they’re so vital to my skin care routine. Even my book, Get The F*ck Out Of The Sun, features oils EVERYWHERE. I believe they’re the key to youth after all the products I have tested. I have also found after talking with so many of you that it’s difficult to find an oil that isn’t heavily fragranced or perfume-y. SO YOU KNOW I HAD TO CREATE MY OWN…
- Restores skin’s natural moisture barrier.
- Replenishes hydration, helping prevent moisture loss while protecting skin in the most delicious way.
- Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
(NOTE: I always wanted a pomegranate/raspberry oil but always found them to be generic. To create my own was amazing because I was able to very much be hands on with the ingredient list. See below).
- Pomegranate Seed Oil– rich in Vitamin C & antioxidants, which can help prevent cell damage.
- Raspberry Seed Oil – hot tip here: raspberry seed oil contains one of the highest antioxidants of any of the vegetable or fruit oils. Effectively moisturizes & improves skin elasticity + dryness. Also it has a lot of Vitamin A.
- Blueberry Seed Oil– Very powerful antioxidant. Helps improve the skin’s hydration, elasticity, smoothness, & density WHICH WE LOVE.
- Menthol– Gives soothing and cooling sensation to the skin. I LOVE MENTHOL SINCE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL because it has a delicious smell that isn’t additives, it just naturally smells like this. I love how I use it for fighting inflammation & redness when I would get my brows waxed that I figured, we need it for facial redness. Menthol has tons of benefits like it calms down irritation, helps rid blackheads/whiteheads, helps diminish dark spots & pigmentation, AND it’s known to promote glowy, clear skin. YES PLZ.
I avoided heavy fragrances. You will notice there’s not a strong smell at all. Actually almost no smell actually. That’s because during Covid the mask situation mixed with heavily fragranced skin care products gave me dermatitis. I found that the dermatitis was from having a mask over products with fragrance.
Fragrances are just not my thing because it irritates my skin. So creating an oil without a bunch of added shit just for fluff & smell, was the goal. This oil is all-natural with ingredients hand-picked just for you. No smell, just results.
AND YOU GUYS IT LAYS SO NICELY UNDER MAKEUP. None of that balled up residue. GLOW GLOW GLOW.
HOW TO USE:
Technically you can use this how you want: alone, after your routine ( my skin care guru, Dr. Dennis Gross, always says “oils last” ), to remove makeup, &/or on your neck/tits/arms/whatever. Also it works best with the ice roller because it very much cools everything down. THE BEST INFLAMMATION DUO.
HOW I LIKE TO USE:
MORNING: I don’t usually cleanse in the morning, I feel like it’s stripping to my skin. So I wake up and ice roll, do a little skin care routine & finish with the oil to keep things cool. Then before applying sunscreen or makeup, I ice roll again. The ice roller helps absorb the oil more effectively.
NIGHT: After cleansing ( I LOVE A CLEANSING BALM ), I apply 3-4 drops of oil onto my hands. Then I simply rub hands together & press ( press instead of pat, IMO ) the oil into my skin. I take it to my tits- like the neck, chest, boobs. And then any extra oil, use it on the tops of your hands. IT’S DELICIOUS.
So there you have it. Skinny Confidential product.
THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING. Slowly but surely more products will be coming soon with limited quantities available. Again, we are not just white labeling & slapping a label on something. They’re all a labor of love & will take time. Each product I create is with the audience in mind so I would love your feedback. Feel free to DM or e-mail me. I love reading all your messages.
This brand started when I was a bartender. I had no money to my name & just an idea. 12 years later, the product is here. Slow & steady has been the motto. Anyway I hope this inspires you to create your own future & go after your dreams, however wild they are.
I LOVE YOU ALL- HAPPY SHOPPING.
SHOP THE PRODUCT LINE: