Learn how to make a healthy Asian-style Chicken and Broccoli in a rich brown sauce at home. Chicken and Broccoli is an easy stir fry recipe so delicious and simple to make using basic ingredients. This homemade Chicken and Broccoli stir fry recipe is an easy 30 minute meal and an ideal dish for busy weeknights. The result is juicy chicken thighs and crisp-tender broccoli florets tossed in a flavor packed brown sauce.
Feel free to use chicken breast instead of thighs or even thin slices of beef. It’s a breeze to make yet the end result is full of flavor and satisfying! Learn how to make easy Chicken and Broccoli by watching the video below. Make it today and make dinner extra special! Don’t forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE, LIKE and SHARE!
- 1 lb. chicken thighs or breast, boneless and skinless cut into cubes
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. broccoli florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cornstarch, salt and water. Mix well to coat each piece of the chicken and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, pepper, sugar, cornstarch and water. Stir to mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet and add sesame seeds. Toast sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, heat over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoon of oil. Add marinated chicken and spread in a single layer. Allow chicken to cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked though while stirring occasionally.
- Push the chicken to the sides of the pan and add 1 teaspoon oil. Add garlic, ginger and onions. Stir fry for about 2 minutes until aromatic and soft. Add broccoli florets and stir fry for about 2 minutes until crisp-tender.
- Stir the sauce again and pour into the skillet. Turn the heat to low and simmer for few minutes or until sauce is thickened while stirring gently to coat each piece of chicken and broccoli with the brown sauce. Add toasted sesame seeds and remove pan from heat. Transfer in a serving dish right away and serve hot with steamed rice or boiled noodles. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)