How to make Coconut Shrimp Curry.
This Coconut Shrimp Curry recipe is easy to make and so delicious! Coconut Shrimp Curry is a quick meal and perfect for weeknight dinner. This Coconut Shrimp Curry is super simple to make using basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. There are so many versions on how to make Shrimp Curry and I must say this Coconut Shrimp Curry is one of the simplest, easiest and can be ready for dinner in less than 30 minutes. Packed with flavours and best when served over steamed rice.
Watch the short video below to learn how to make this mouth-watering Coconut Shrimp Curry. Give this delicious shrimp recipe a try and let me know how you like it! You can comment below or email me @ [email protected] Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp yellow curry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/8 tsp white pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3-4 pieces chili peppers
- 1 lb large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- green onions for garnishing
- Heat pan over medium-low heat and add oil over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for about 30 seconds. Add ginger and stir. Cook for about a minute or until aromatic. Add curry powder and cook for about 30 seconds while stirring to combine.
- Pour-in water and coconut milk to the pan. Stir well to combine and allow to simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Season with ground pepper and salt. (adjust salt and pepper to your liking) Add chili peppers to the pan. (add 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes if you prefer a more spicy Coconut Shrimp Curry) Cover pan and simmer sauce for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add shrimps and cover pan. Allow to cook for about 2 minutes or until slightly pink in color. Quickly flip them over, cover pan and cook for additional 2 minutes. Do a quick stir and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve while hot over steamed rice and enjoy!