Hawaiian Chicken is a very flavorful chicken dish. It has that sweet and tangy flavor with delightful chunks of pineapple and bell peppers. Serve this delicious Hawaiian Chicken over steamed rice and enjoy the tender and juicy chicken coated in delicious sauce.
This Hawaiian Chicken recipe is pretty easy and simple to make, and healthier using chicken breast. A great recipe for busy weeknights too. Chunks of chicken breast coated in delicious sweet and tangy sauce even your kids would love so make it today and share with family and friends.
Try this Hawaiian Chicken recipe today. Watch the video below and learn how to make this easy chicken dish. The instructions below are pretty basic and will help guide you with the steps. Don’t forget to check related recipes below. Clink on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless and skinless), cut into 1.5 inches cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp cornstarch, diluted in 3 tbsp water
- 2 finger chilies (optional), sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- Using a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Add bell peppers and cook for a minute. Remove and set aside. Add chicken to the pan and cook until lightly browned for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl. Stir well until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute onion, garlic and ginger until fragrant for about a minute. Add a tablespoon of oil if needed. Add Knorr chicken cube and stir to combine. Gently pour-in soy sauce/water mixture into the pan and stir well. Let it simmer for few minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add browned chicken to the pan. Stir and cover pan. Cook over medium heat until sauce is reduced while chicken cooks through. Add 1/4 cup of water as needed. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and add chunks of pineapple, stir gently and let it cook for a minute, and add bell peppers. Pour-in cornstarch diluted in water and stir until all pieces are coated with the sauce. Cook for a minute or until sauce starts to thickens. Add 1/4 cup of water if needed. Garnish with finger chilies and stir. Serve while hot over steamed rice and enjoy!