Lechon Kawali Sisig is a type of Sisig made from left over lechon kawali or roast pork. It is a popular Filipino dish mostly enjoyed as an appetizer or a main dish over steamed rice. There are many ways on how to make Sisig and this one is the simplest yet very tasty and full of flavor.
This easy and simple Lechon Kawali Sisig recipe is worth a try. Make it today and share with family. Watch the cooking video below to learn how to make a simple yet very tasty Lechon Kawali Sisig. The instructions below will guide you with the steps. You can also make this simple sisig recipe using left over roasted chicken, lechon, crispy pata, boneless bangus, tuna and more. (see related recipes below)
Lechon Kawali Sisig is so delicious specially when served over a hot sizzling plate with more calamansi on the side. You can also top it with raw egg while sizzling or fried egg cooked over easy. Some like it with mayonnaise but not my cup of tea. I always want my sisig as plain as possible so I can savor every piece of seasoned lechon kawali.
Check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 finger chilies, chopped
- 3 siling labuyo, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns, cracked
- salt to taste
- 1/2 calamansi (or lemon) juice
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb lechon kawali or roasted pork, chopped
- calamansi and siling labuyo when serving
- In a bowl, combine bell peppers, onion, chilies, cracked peppercorns, salt to taste and calamansi juice. Stir to combine.
- Add chopped lechon kawali or roasted pork. Toss well to combine. Let is stand for at least an hour.
- Heat sizzling hot plate. Transfer seasoned lechon kawali to the hot plate and serve with calamansi and siling labuyo. Serve as an appetizer with your favorite beer or as a main dish with rice. Enjoy!
|No Fry Lechon Kawali|