How to cook Pork with Salted Black Beans also known as Pork with Tausi. Pork with Salted Black Beans or fermented beans is a Filipino pork dish inspired from Chinese cooking. Pork with Tausi is a simple tasty pork recipe and a quick dish to prepare with only few ingredients needed.
Pork with Salted Black Beans is a popular Chinese inspired dish that is simple and so tasty especially when served over steamed white rice. Pork spareribs can be used in this recipe instead of pork belly. Feel free to also add fried tofu towards the end of cooking. Pork with Tausi is similar to Pork Humba less the banana blossoms.
Create this delicious Asian inspired pork dish with salted or fermented black beans. Make it today and share with family and family or save this link for later use. Learn how to make this easy pork dish by watching the video below. The instructions will also guide you with the basic steps. Check related salted black beans recipe below. Click on the name link below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. For questions or concern, email me at [email protected] or comment below. You can also contact me thru my Facebook page or YouTube channel.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs pork belly or shoulder, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 3-4 tbsp salted black (tausi) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp soy sauce or salt to taste
- 3 finger chilies, sliced
- 2 stalk green onions, chopped
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add pork pieces and cook until lightly browned over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Push meat to the sides and sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for a minute until fragrant. Add salted black beans and stir. Cook for few minutes. Season with ground pepper and sugar, and stir.
- Pour-in water and bring into a quick boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until meat is tender and sauce is reduced for about 20 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed.
- Add soy sauce or salt to taste and continue to simmer until preferred consistency while stirring occasionally. Remove excess oil and add finger chilies and green onions. Stir, transfer in a serving plate and garnish with more finger chilies and green onions. Serve while hot with steamed rice and enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)