Tortang Giniling is the Filipino version of meat omelette. Tortang Giniling is sauteed ground meat (usually beef or pork) and vegetables like carrot, potato, bell peppers with eggs. This quick, easy and tasty omelet dish is usually eaten during breakfast and best served with banana ketchup.
What I like about this simple omelette dish is you can either use ground beef, pork, chicken, seafood and even leftover fish. It can be served over rice or serve as a sandwich patty. It is simply good, delicious and kids-friendly. You can also saute the meat and vegetables a day before then mix with eggs, flour and cornstarch when ready to fry.
This simple Tortang Giniling recipe is worth a try. It’s like putting a twist to that traditional egg omelet. Make this today and share with family and friends. Watch the video below and learn how to make this tasty Tortang Giniling or Ground Beef Omelette. The instructions below will help you with the steps.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 small potato, diced
- 2-3 tbsp raisins
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- cooking oil for frying
- Using a wide pan, heat over medium heat and add cooking oil. Saute onion and garlic until aromatic for about a minute. Add ground beef and allow to cook until meat is browned for about 5-7 minutes. Season with ground pepper and salt to taste, and cook for few minutes while stirring occasionally. (see video above for complete tutorial)
- Add carrots and potatoes. Stir and cook for few minutes. Add raisins. Stir and cook for a minute. Add bell peppers and stir to combine. Allow to cook for a minute. Transfer meat mixture in a bowl, set aside and allow to completely cool.
- In a deep bowl, add eggs and beat well. Add flour and cornstarch and mix well. Transfer cooked meat into the bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Heat clean pan over low heat and add cooking oil (around half a cup). Scoop around 1/2 cup of the meat and egg mixture (3 tablespoon for smaller tortas) into the pan. Gently flatten and cook each side for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat process until you used up all the ingredients.
- Transfer in a serving plate lined with paper towel and serve while still hot with (banana) ketchup. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipes)