I was at a grocery store and a plain looking can caught my attention. I thought it is an imported brand because the price is not cheap. I checked Google while in line to pay for my groceries and read few good reviews, to my surprise this corned beef brand is a local brand and made in the Philippines. So I said, why not give it a try.
|DELIMONDO RANCH STYLE CORNED BEEF|
I have always been a fan of corned beef specially with diced potatoes. It is one of my to-go food anytime of the day and specially with fresh pandesal bread or over hot steamed rice. I am now convinced, my new favorite brand of corned beef is Delimondo, ranch style corned beef. It is meaty, chunky and made from 100% beef. It does not only taste good but does not contain those fatty pieces. I heard this is the same corned beef brand serve in Jollibee fast food chain.
Learn how to make a delicious corned beef with potatoes using Delimondo ranch style corned beef by watching the video below. The instructions below will guide you with the easy steps. Next time I will try it with chopped tomatoes. Best for breakfast with some garlic rice and sunny side up eggs.
Next time you are in a supermarket, check out the canned meat isle and grab a can. Let me know if we have the same taste when it comes to corned beef. Just remember to taste first before adding salt as I find it a little saltier but that is just me plus it worked really well with potatoes. I am sure bringing few cans when I go back to Texas so my family back home can also have a taste of this delicious corned beef brand. If you are outside of the Philippines, ask family and friends who are coming to visit to bring you few cans for taste. You can just reheat it as it is already seasoned and flavorful.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Delimondo Ranch Style Corned Beef, 380 grams
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- In a pan, heat over medium fire and add cooking oil. Add potatoes and cook until lightly browned from the outside but soft inside. Remove potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same heated pan, sate garlic and onion until fragrant for about 2 minutes. Add Delimondo corned beef to the pan and cook over medium-high heat.
- Season with ground pepper and continue cooking until desired dryness. (I like my corned beef a little crisp and charred bits of pieces. Tilt pan gently to remove excess oil. Add fried potatoes. Stir and cook for additional 2 minutes while stirring gently. Serve with slices of tomatoes and hot rice. Enjoy!
|Corned Beef Omelet|
|Corned Chicken with Ampalaya|
|Tuna Salad Sandwich Spread|