Creamy Garlic Shrimp is an easy and delicious shrimp recipe. Creamy Garlic Shrimp sauce is a buttery sauce cooked in 15 minutes or less.
Filipinos love pasta so this recipe is a go. Just boiled some spaghetti pasta and top with this creamy garlic shrimp sauce topped with more Parmesan cheese. The ingredients are pretty simple and can be found in your local grocery store.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled with tail on
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6-8 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup whipping cream or reduced cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 lb spaghetti pasta or any kind of pasta will work
- Boil spaghetti pasta in boiling water until al dente or by following the package direction. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat in medium heat and add olive oil. Add shrimps and season with salt and pepper turning once until pink. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, add butter and allow to melt over medium low heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant. Add red bell peppers and cook for a minute. Pour in chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Add cream and stir. Simmer for about 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, chili flakes and more salt and pepper as needed. Stir well to combine and turn off the heat.
- Add drained pasta to the sauce and toss well. Add the other half of parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro. Toss well to combine. Add cooked shrimp back into the skillet. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
- Serve warm with more parmesan cheese if needed and enjoy.
RELATED RECIPES (click name link to see complete recipe)